Though a subjective opinion, the bedroom is widely considered to be the most important part of a residence. Though one may argue that the kitchen or the bathroom is as important, the bedroom is where you can temporarily escape from the world outside and disconnect yourself from the prevalent reign of digitization. But your bedroom cannot stay frozen in time. A stagnant style ultimately leads to a depressive atmosphere. It is time for an upgrade. Remodeling your bedroom brings about not only a welcome change but also a breath of freshness.
Ifyou want to cleanse your bedroom of residual gloom, reorganizing furniture and getting new ones is what you must focus on. From the latest bed designs to book racks to state of the art accessories that are not glaring remembrances of the digital world, what follows are a list of items you need to turn your attention to.
- Indoor Plants – As agents of positivity in the philosophical sense, plants always remind us of life. Potted plants are usually seen in households, so it is not uncommon. What you can consider out of the box, though, is hanging pots. Suspended from the ceiling, these pots usually contain a sort of creeper plant that dangles further down, making it seem as if the room is steeped in vegetation.
- Mirrors – From shaving your beard to applying makeup, mirrors have a lot of obvious uses in the bedroom and the bathroom. You have used conventional hand-held and wall-hung mirrors before to dress up, but have you ever thought about how mirrors can improve the overall architectural design of your bedroom? A floor to ceiling frameless mirror covers an entire wall and give the illusion of double the space.
- Beds – From king-sized to Scandinavian, beds come in a lot of varieties and dimensions. You can either go for a traditional single or double bed, or you could check out promising layouts from among the latest bed designs. Platform beds throw uniformity out of the window by replacing the conventional wooden based beds and making box springs redundant.
- Wall Sconces –If you have already decided on every minute detail concerning the wallpapers and the carpets, lighting is the factor that makes their true potential shine. While lamps are a widely chosen option for this, you can choose to be classy with wall sconces. Custom-built to light up any specific area you desire, they also contribute to polishing the ambiance of your bedroom.
- Shelves – Whether it is attached to the wall or the wooden furniture stands by itself, book racks are a prime necessity even if you do not identify as an avid reader. From cookbooks to telephone directories, you never know what you might need at a moment’s notice.
- Bedside Wireless Charger – Plugging your phone in is always a chore if you’re busy. A convenient alternative is side tables with a built-in wireless charger. Simply place your Qi-enabled phone on the bedside table and you have a fully charged phone by morning.
A stagnant style ultimately leads to a depressive atmosphere. It is time for an upgrade. Remodeling your bedroom brings about not only a welcome change but also a breath of freshness.